Recipe by Betha Merit. Serves four.
- 4 teaspoons oil or butter
- 6 tablespoons sour cream or plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- 1 large can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) jar of salsa or Ro*Tel®
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 of a (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12-ounce) can of chicken, drained
- Spices to taste (cumin, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, cayenne)
Heat all ingredients except chicken in the skillet (or large pan on stove) over medium-low heat. As things warm through and cheese is melted, turn off heat, and gently fold in the drained chicken. Cover the pan and wait 5 to 15 minutes until the chicken is warmed through. Serve with any garnishes you have on hand, such as extra shredded cheese, diced green onions, fresh cilantro, or avocados.